The Global Framework on Water Scarcity in Agriculture (WASAG) has been designed to bring together key players across the globe and across sectors to tackle the collective challenge of using water better in agriculture to ensure food security for all. It is an initiative for partners from all fields and backgrounds to collaborate in supporting countries and stakeholders in their commitments and plans related to the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, the Paris Climate Agreement (including implementing nationally determined contributions) and other plans and programmes related to agriculture and water.
WASAG vision: A world whose food systems are secure and resilient to increasing water scarcity in a changing climate.
WASAG Mission: To support measurable, significant and sustainable progress on improving and adapting agricultural systems in conditions of increasing water scarcity and a changing climate, using the combined expertise and resources of the partners WASAG will address the following important and relevant work areas at international and country levels:
– Advocating for political prioritisation.
– Cooperating on work programmes.
– Sharing and disseminating knowledge and experience.
– Developing new or improved solutions.
– Promoting sustainable and integrated water resources management.
– Building capacity of partners and countries and other stakeholders.
– Contributing to consistent monitoring systems.
- Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)